Monday 14 September 2015

Build update 14/9/15

After some disillusionment yesterday with electrics and fuel system I'm now more positive. I gave the fuel system a good flush out, cleaned the filter and tightened up all the hoses. After cranking for a while we had a full float bowl and the engine was kicking over. Still some timing work to be done to smooth her out but it's looking promising.

As for the electricals - I'm gradually trying to piece together what the original builder did to the electrics. The wiring in the car bears only passing resemblance with the 520 wiring diagram I found online. He'd changed the indicator lights and the parker lights but elected to keep the shitty 60's relays which is a bit strange. 
I think I've been able to fathom the wiring diagram and see where it differs on my car, and will shortly be redoing the fuse box and adding some relays for ignition and high beam (and replacing the existing low beam and horn relays)

I also received my delivery from Clark Rubber of pinch weld extrusion (for the door seals) and the checkerplate 3mm rubber for the floor. The door seal appears to be the perfect size for the car and now the doors close nice and positively. 
NB: The pinchweld is listed as Clark Rubber "PVC Black Pinchweld Door Seal (Medium) 16x10 (SKU 38975)


No comments:

Post a Comment