Tuesday 29 December 2015

Long time between posts.....

 
My apologies.... it's been 2 months since my last confession post. So what I have I been up to? When we left the action I'd just finished doing the frame for the new tray. And here is the mounting of the fuel tank:


Panel work

So I've started work on the bodywork of the car. First thing was to cut back all the dodgy paint and look for poorly repaired rust, and I found some in the sills:

First I tried to weld up the holes but the parent metal was so thin I decided to cut out the offending part and replace with a custom bent piece of stainless. I also recovered about a cubic foot of dirt from the sill after I cut it out. If nothing else it helps keep the weight down....

Cut out the rusted panel

Rust in the sills

Welded in a replacement from stainless



No comments:

Post a Comment