Wednesday 7 October 2015

Rear tray (cont.) and other bodywork repairs

More on the tray tonight.

Doing a bit of cutting and grinding (after 8pm too.... sorry neighbours) to make the back member and the sides (fore and aft of the guards).

Still to do is to add a few more crossmembers, make the brackets, the front return, the tie-down bars and the rear light mounts. Good fun

Side view showing the gal trailer guards that came with the car. They just needed the original mounting holes plugged up




I've also started to patch up some holes in the doors left there by the original owner (he had fitted some large truck-style mirrors). So I got out the MIG and patched the holes and ground back (roughly) so they can be sanded back and bogged if required.


Welded up some holes above the quarter windows (damned flash)



I also removed the back window just for the hell of it. I really wanted to see what the paint colour was under there. It appears it to be originally red. 



And I also picked up my new rear brake lines from http://www.thebrakeplace.com.au/ in Berwick. The rear brake lines on the car appeared to be newly done, but when I tried to bleed them they leaked out of the tube nut fittings. So I dropped off the original lines to these guys and they replace the lines (just cut to length and fitted with new tube nuts) for $36. Pretty good I say. They even supplied some 3/8" bleeder nipples because mine were a bit shot. 
Old (top) and new (bottom) lines. I just need to bend it myself



No comments:

Post a Comment